cooking squash or pumpkin plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooking squash or pumpkin plants

New to your forum, and it is so interesting reading about gardening in a country different from my homeland....I recently saw a Gormet Magazine show on tv and they were visiting in Italy and the Lady was cooking zuchini ...she had picked the leaves, stems, and blossoms from young plants...she blanched them, then sauteed them in a pan of olive oil, garlic and tomatoes(chopped) at the final stages she added in the blossoms ...the whole sautee was of a very short duration...Is this a European recipe...do you all have any other unusal English recipes I might try... TIA...

Ruth

Hi DirtDobber, welcome from me as well. What sort of receipes were you hoping for - squash/pumpkin yes - curry, veggie, as a side dish, sweet, savoury, soup....

Got one or two receipes for most of the above, mainly based on summer squash but several winter squash things too.

One of my favourites, which I am sure everyone has a version of

Peel and cube a Butternut squash into 1 1/2" cubes, place in a roasting pan. Coat with a tablespoon or so of oil and sprinkle with a little rubbed sage and thyme. Roast in the oven the same way as you would roast potatoes. (For me that would be 40-45 mins at 180 deg centegrade.)

Delicious!

Terry
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X