Lingonberry??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lingonberry??

Hi everyone i sowed some seeds that were aparently lingonberry seeds but now im not too sure,they were sowen in April this year,the leaves have dark spots on them but are elongated and fairly large.There are tiny clusters of flowers on the tips.I was under the impression that Lingonberry plants didn't flower on anything less than 1 year old wood.
    Here is an attached pic of what iv grown.anyone shed some light on what this plant is?thanks
    Attached Files

It's definitely not lingonberry. I have a feeling I should know what it is, but the name escapes me for the moment. Will keep trying.

Comment

thanks,im really dissapointed its not a lingonberry as the pack of seeds said lingonberry,then i thought that maybe i mixed the seeds from tasmanian snow berry but even that doesnt fit what i have!!!

Comment

Do the leaves smell? It looks like a Persicaria - maybe Odorata (Vietnamese Coriander).

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Do the leaves smell? It looks like a Persicaria - maybe Odorata (Vietnamese Coriander).
          No there is no smell to the leaves.Where the stems come off from the main stem there is like a sheath of what looks like thin almost translusant onion skin type thing if that helps anymore

Comment

Can you do a closeup of the leaves please?

Comment

here is a pic of the sheath like things i was talking about.and the other picture is another young plant that i was under the impression was a lingonberry
              Attached Files

Comment

Can you do a closeup of the leaves please?
                are those pictures of the leaves ok or would you care for a few more?

Comment

I'm sure the first one is a persicaria - especially with that flower. It may be a wildflower seed that you're growing Seasonal Wild Flowers - Pale Persicaria

Comment

I'm sure the first one is a persicaria - especially with that flower. It may be a wildflower seed that you're growing Seasonal Wild Flowers - Pale Persicaria
                    oh bums.lol.thanks.i have no idea how that has seeded in an indoor brand new seed box with brand new and never opened potting soil.very very dissapointed!!!! do you think the second one is the same?dont think i remember seeing the first one look like that with the colour at the base of the leaves at the top

Comment

The second one is a different plant and it does look familiar. Can't think what yet!
                      BTW, welcome to the Forum

Comment

The second one is a different plant and it does look familiar. Can't think what yet!
                        BTW, welcome to the Forum
                        Thanks.i had such high hopes for my 'lingonberry' plant.first year me and the wife have tried to grow our own fruit and veg.we have limited space so everything is in containers which is fun for my 3yo son to bash into with his bike.lol.well now looks like im in the market to buy some lingonberry plants haha

Comment

You've chosen some unusual plants to begin with Do you do your shopping in IK3A?
                          If your heart is set on Llingonberries, L1DL and ALD1 sometimes sell them.
                          Lots of people here grow in pots - look out for posts by Potstubsdustbins for some good ideas.

Comment

You've chosen some unusual plants to begin with Do you do your shopping in IK3A?
                            If your heart is set on Llingonberries, L1DL and ALD1 sometimes sell them.
                            Lots of people here grow in pots - look out for posts by Potstubsdustbins for some good ideas.
                            Haha yeah.im planning to try some Oca,iv got tayberry's Longanberry's, Tomatillos,Ancho,Mulato,Purple tiger,Pasilla Bajio and Amarillo Chillies,White soul Strawberry's, rainbow mix carrots,Amaranthus Love lies bleeding for seed,various beans and peas.i wanted to grow something different and something that can suppliment our cooking/supermarket buying.I will keep an eye out in those shops for Lingonberry but iv found a nursery up in the black isle that does very unusual herbs and plants for really good prices,Lingonberry bushes for £3 i think i will thank you.lol.thanks for suggesting that person ill be reading up plenty for next year

Comment

I try to grow unusual things too - some work, some don't
                              Why don't you pop over to the Introduce Yourself thread - we do like to say Hello to everyone - and we're a nosey lot
                              It would also help us if you put your location (nearest town/county) on your profile as this helps to understand your local weather conditions etc.

Oops, you've already done it
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 11-06-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X