Help with blueberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with blueberries

I have planted 3 blueberry plants last autumn in a border. The planting holes were filled with ericaceous compost. The 3 plants are next to one another and in similar conditions.
    Two of them are now flowering and seem to be doing fine (right on photo), but one of them (left) appears to have dried up.
    Could anyone enlighten me on what might be wrong? Is there anything I can do to save it?

Many thanks x
    Attached Files

Looks like it's wilting, are you watering them enough? Is there a large tree/shrub near to the left hand one that's drawing the water away from it?

Comment

Dont know if this has anything to do with your problem but put coffe grounds around your bushes, this is supposed to help with the acidity.

Comment

They like to have very wet feet as they are bog plants, so frequent watering with rain water is essential. Tap water is alkaline and over time the plants don't like it.
        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

I had the same problem so this year I dug them up and then dug a large trench which I lined with holey polythene and filled with and ericaceous mix. They look much happier now. I also added lots of wood ans and coffee grounds and topped it all off with pine shreddings.
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I had a similar problem with one of my Blueberry bushes.

The first was because the ericaceous compost i purchased was as alkaline as regular compost and now that one is dead.
            The other issue was because i had used tap water in order to water the first bush (i hadn't yet purchased my second) and this didn't help as my tap water has a pH level of 7.2 from the tap.

Find a good ericaceous compost and work into the soil and you should see some improvement over a week or two.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X