Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French beans... cloches?

Hullo..

I have about 10 french bean seedlings that have come up this week in a propogator on the windowsill. They are getting tall very fast so was going to stick them out in the mini raised bed we have today.

What I wondered was should I stick some up ended plastic bottles over them as cloches till they are used to being outside? I didn't want to leave them any longer after our experience with my sons broadbeans becoming too leggy. I gather they aren't as hardy as the broadbeans bit didn't want to frighten the life out of them.

Many thanks

C

To harden plants off I usually put them outside for a couple of day bringing them in at night! Then if you have time, put the plastic bottles over them once planted and gradually harden them further by taking bottles off during daytime.
    It's normally the night time temperatures that can be detrimental!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I did the same. Outside in the day for a week or so then outside all the time - till yesterday - they're in now and toughing it out!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thank you!

I have potted them on and they now have a new home on a colder (actually fairly brisk) windowsill for a few days... will work up to the garden.

C

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X