Silly rhubarb question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly rhubarb question

My rhubarb has sprouted like this. Does this mean that it has gone to seed? I am thinking that I should probably harvest all that I can now. Any advice welcome. Sorry if daft Q. Newbie!
    Attached Files

Its a flower spike just cut it off, here's a link to a previous discussion :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ing_64614.html
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Mine does it every year. Cut the flower stem out right to the base and the plant will send up more leaves then you can continue cropping for the rest of the season. The decent stalks from the flowering stem are edible.
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Not a silly question.
        Cut it off, mine do it every year. Harvest the stems as required. You might find more flower stalks being sent up, just take them off as you notice them.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X