Whats happened to my sweet peppers? :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats happened to my sweet peppers? :(

Whats happened to my sweet peppers? The rest of the pepper is healthy so what will happen if i take the top off? will it grow back?

Attached Files
    Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

You shoudnt really need to support them......to leggy? Not sure how to fix it?

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Did they get frosted?

Comment

Are they inside your house Mark, or in a greenhouse?
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

They look to me like they have had abit of frost on them.

Comment

they were in a heated propagator in the greenhouse

Comment

Just looked again mark......frost maybe!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
                Cooked maybe?

Comment

Yeah maybe they could have been cooked? :/ would the tops grow back if i took them off?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
                    A propagator is just for that - propagation. Once the seeds have germinated - they have no need for the increased temperatures and should be removed.

Comment

The reason I kept them in the propagator is because they are peppers and there not fond of the cold

Comment

But the atmosphere is too humid and not light enough for them inside the propagator.

You will need to remove the rotted part of the plant. Take them out of the propagator and if you're lucky they will produce shoots from the leaf axils.

Comment

Yeah true and i think i will try that. Theres some more behind them and there fine so will have some peppers hopefully. Thanks

Comment

Was that one at the side of the prop? Might that part of it have been touching the side of the lid? In which case, I'd say that that part has gotten wet from the condensation on the lid and either frozen, or been scorched by the sun.

If you're relying on the heat from the propagator to keep them frost-free, then it might be an idea to replace the lid with a couple of layers of fleece instead - you'll keep the warmth but won't have to worry so much about condensation or scorching.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                              Was that one at the side of the prop? Might that part of it have been touching the side of the lid? In which case, I'd say that that part has gotten wet from the condensation on the lid and either frozen, or been scorched by the sun.

If you're relying on the heat from the propagator to keep them frost-free, then it might be an idea to replace the lid with a couple of layers of fleece instead - you'll keep the warmth but won't have to worry so much about condensation or scorching.
                              Yeah might have been touching the lid :/ only one of them seems fine the other 5 seem as if they may have been frosted or scorched. Just hoping i can save them by taking the rotted bit off.

yeah good idea i think i will try that and see what happens thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X