• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cayenne chillies - 42 days progress

24th March - 5th May

Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

this been growing indoors i take it? looks impressive never had a chilli plant get to anywhere near that. but im still in my learning curve! :P
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/growyourowngrub

Comment

wow mr p snips,you done well ,mine are just a bit bigger than your first pic,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Very impressive. My peppers are about the same size as your first photo. They grew well at first and then they seemed to be happy staying just as they are.

Comment

i think i should move to bury instead to stay in manchester....they look....unbelievable

Comment

very impressive! mine are nowhere near that size - what's the secret?!

well done, hope you get a good crop off them.

Comment

Originally posted by growyourowngrub View Post
              This been growing indoors I take it? Looks impressive, never had a chilli plant get to anywhere near that but I'm still in my learning curve! :P
              Yeah, windowsill grown. I'm still in the very early stages of the GYO learning curve and so far I've learned that chillies like my windowsill.

Originally posted by Ian_5 View Post
              very impressive! mine are nowhere near that size - what's the secret?!

Well done, hope you get a good crop off them.
              Thanks. There's no secret that I'm aware of, I just give them a little water every day, or every other day depending on how warm it's been, and they now get a bit of Baby-Bio a couple of times per week.
              The seed leaves and one stem leaf turned yellow and fell off, I'm guessing it was a nitrogen deficiency, but they've 'greened up' really well since I started using the Baby-Bio.
              They're now about 36cm tall, compared to the Jalapeños at about 22cm tall, though sown at the same time. Here's a side-by-side shot of them...

And one to show how the top of the Cayennes are dividing to produce a bushy canopy of foliage...

Comment

well done thats excellent!

I am a self confessed Chillihead and mine are stuggling to get to 12 inchs tall since sowing in late January. Kept them indoors the whole time as well. I remember from last year Cayennes grew tall with good canopies and produced very attractive crops

I am jealous of your progress, been using chili focus weekly rather than Baby bio, maybe I need to give that a go

Comment

A further two weeks growth. First, the cayenne shown previously in this thread.

And both of my cayennes and jalapeños.

Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Pa, well done!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thanks Flo.

Comment

No such thing as a chilli plant at Pa's house.
                        Only chilli trees.
                        Impressive and well done.
                        My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                        Revelation 22:2

Comment

Looking good,
                          Hopefully you will get some flower buds soon.
                          All my chilli's are at 137 days and in flower on a south facing window-sil.
                          My Scotch bonnet are yet to fruit, but my Twilight/Purple Guesto & Orange Harbanero are in Fruit. (Harbanero only last week)
                          Chilli Grower
                          mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
                          +----------------------------------+
                          | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
                          +----------------------------------+

Comment

looking great Pa Snips
                            just a suggestion though as i cannot see anything there, get some support in for them, ie bamboo canes or something like that as when they fruit it will be heavy and will droop the plant and may even break itself under its own weight

Comment

Yet again I was a bit late starting the chillies off. So mine are no where near as tall as them, but they are trying there
                              All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X