Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Chillies!

Hi Everyone!

I have just joined this forum because I have just decided to start growing my own stuff!

I was given a small chilli plant at the end of June which had two very small yellow chillies sprouting. Since then, the plant has come alive wtih beautiful, long, purple chillies.

I was told that they will go red as they ripen, however some of these chillies are now 6-8 weeks old and are still purple! Some are only a week old but 4-5 cm long.

Can I harvest them to eat now, or will they turn red?
    Attached Files

Welcome on board.

Not all chillies ripen to red and in any case you can eat them at any stage of colour / ripeness. I have a similar plant at home and think it makes an attractive additional to the window ledge with the added bonus of being productive. Pick some off and try them

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

They look stunning too!!

Comment

Thanks Alison, now that you have settled my issue I will try one tonight!!

Comment

They look FAB! WOWSERS!
          http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X