Brussels Sprouts caterpillar problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brussels Sprouts caterpillar problem

Every one is covered in them. Anything i can do or do i have to just keep picking them off daily once they get bigger?
    www.gyoblog.co.uk

You need to cover all your brassicas all the time in butterfly netting
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Keep picking them off. BTW, your top picture looks like whitefly. The bottom one is a cabbage white caterpillar, and they develop from clusters of tiny yellow eggs laid on the underside of the leaves. If you spot them at that stage you can just scrape them off with your fingernail.

Comment

White fly, spray with a soap solution and the caterpillars, pick them off and give them to the chooks!
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Thanks all. I thought only pigeons were the pests of Brussels Whitefly too huh, i seem to have more of them than the caterpillars so i'll get spraying
          www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Squish them before they get big enough to do damage.

Comment

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
              White fly, spray with a soap solution
              I put up a link to an African site the other day, has anyone tried it?
              They suggest a flour & water spray, which really clogs up the whitefly
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 12-07-2011, 07:05 AM.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X