Kale for Carrots!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kale for Carrots!

I seem to have ended up with a disproportionate number of carrots, but no kale at all!

I've a few of:
    Paris Market (stump rooted)
    Adelaide
    Resistafly f1
    Autumn king
    systan f1
    early nantes
    parmax (stump rooted)

See what I mean!? Any one care for a swap?

I know this may sound silly but what is Kale?
    Look not from the mind, but from the soul. For the life that is coming is already before us, waiting to open up the world. Just look more closely. Find the eyes to see. - Celestine Prophecy 1st insight

Visit my blog: http://wheatleyswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

Are you talking about seeds Hazel ? If so PM address and I will send Kale for carrots.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I am indeed, Alice - haven't got as far as seedlings yet! Any particular carrots that you have your eye on, or shall I surprise you?! Will PM my addy to you.

WW - kale is a member of the brassica family - and you pick the crinkly leaves from late autumn to early spring, so a good one for the winter months! Leaves are good steamed and tossed in a little butter - yum!

Comment

Autumn King sounds good Hazel. PM on way to you.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            WW - kale is a member of the brassica family - and you pick the crinkly leaves from late autumn to early spring, so a good one for the winter months! Leaves are good steamed and tossed in a little butter - yum!
            This sounds nice. If I had the room I might actually look into some myself. But finding the space in my garden with all the things I'm growing is very difficult. LOL. Many thanks Hazel.
            Look not from the mind, but from the soul. For the life that is coming is already before us, waiting to open up the world. Just look more closely. Find the eyes to see. - Celestine Prophecy 1st insight

Visit my blog: http://wheatleyswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

I don't have any kale seed to swap but have been trying to get parmex seed to no avail - anything else you fancy and I will see if I have it?
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                I don't have any kale seed to swap but have been trying to get parmex seed to no avail - anything else you fancy and I will see if I have it?
                I thought I might try celery, celeriac and kohl rabi, Shirl - but I'd got them down for next year rather than this, so no worries if you don't have.....will send you the some parmex if you pm me your addy - going to the PO at lunchtime so if you get a move on I'll get them in the lunchtime post!

Ooo - nice avatar too!
                Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 28-03-2007, 10:41 AM. Reason: add extra bit!

Comment

Have PM'd you Hazel. Thanks for the comment on the Avatar! It sounds as good as it looks too!
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Had to look twice - thought it was R2D2 at first!

Comment

Not R2D2 - Wurlitzer 2104 from 1957 - Madmax's pride and joy
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

I have sea foam kale,pink lip stick kale,and orage fantasia,would trade for autum king and nates carrots

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X