Calabrese Ready

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calabrese Ready

I tried a new calabrese variety this spring in the tunnel to harvest before the Toms, Peppers,Beans and Cus go in. It's called "Aquiles F1" and amazingly, it's ready to eat already and we did the deed on two of them for dinner

They're around tennis ball size at mo - we'll see if they get any bigger as I've got more outside as well, that don't need to be eaten so quicky!

I chitted the seed February 6th ( I wanted to get them off to a flying start) and grew on in 3 inch pots, they lived day and night in a tent greenhouse, until transplanting on 31st March. They're absolutely miles ahead of the two other varieties, Olympia and Belstar which I'll be growing outside under fleece or mesh next year, as I think I'll be waiting a few too many weeks for those to head up!

I did hear yesterday, we had the warmest April for many, many moons, so perhaps this is a result of that, anyway, it looks like an ideal tunnel variety for an early crop before the mains go in.

Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

WOW...very very very impressed. Not just king of the carrots are you? KingCalabrese I hope mine look as good if I ever get them planted
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X