garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garlic

Sorry if I seem naive (refer to name!) but how will I know when the garlic I planted in pots today will be ready to harvest? Thankyou.:

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine. No need to apologise if you're new to growing then these sort of questions are expected. You'll get plenty of answers and advice on here. Pop your location into your profile so we know where you are, it will make a difference when answering your queries. I plant my garlic in the ground around the shortest day (21st December last year) and will harvest around the longest day
    (21st June this year), so you can call it about 6 months. You'll know when to harvest it because the green stems go brown and start to wilt. Hope this helps. Happy growing!
    Last edited by Florence Fennel; 19-02-2011, 01:31 PM.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Brilliant!! Thanks both, for asking and answering.

I had the exact same question to ask at some point. I planted garlic for the first time before Christmas in the polytunnel and I was looking at it today and thinking what do I do now. I'll just watch and wait.

Comment

Thanks for the help; I'm sure I'll have lots more questions!! I live in Skegness and have a south facing well sheltered yard, so everything will be grown in pots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X