Brown Turkey
    Striped tiger fig

Mel

I have a Brown Turkey its behind the palm, loads of figs this year

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...259-garden.jpg
    You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

I have a Peters Honey and a Italian everbearing. The Italian put out some nice figs this summer.

Comment

I have a brown turkey too. It's against a south facing wall and gets lots of figs but they never ripen.

Comment

My Dad has two Brown Turkey Figs. They're in tubs, sunk into the ground, and doing well. They produce loads of fruit each year, but, like Gearoid, they rarely ripen. Although, we did have a few ripe ones last year.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I have a Brown Turkey it never fails to grow me lots of figs it 4 years old now. I have to add there's nothing like nipping into the garden and picking your own home grown figs...there YUMMY.

Comment

Never even give figs a thought! I like the idea, but is it possible to grow nice ones in the far North? (Newcastle on Tyne)

Comment

I got a Brown Turkey from a magazine offer last year, it's still quite small yet though. Anyone know how long theese usually take to fruit?

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
                  Never even give figs a thought! I like the idea, but is it possible to grow nice ones in the far North? (Newcastle on Tyne)
                  Outside with no protection you might struggle in a pot, & brought in in winter yes. The Sicillian fig I have is from a tree than is on a very exposed site in Birmningham, it fruits very well and in uncontained, not sure how far that can be pushed, but you could try once it is big enough for cuttings (not yet though !) Look at Reads nursery too they have a great selection

Comment

Originally posted by Wareagle View Post
                    I got a Brown Turkey from a magazine offer last year, it's still quite small yet though. Anyone know how long theese usually take to fruit?
                    is it in a pot ? Mine from wilko took 4 years to fruit ! Although the most popular they don't seem to be the best from what people say or it could just be thge strain that is commonly sold

Comment

Mine are in pots and fruited. I did and air layer this past spring using a cup and peat method worked out well gave it to my sister-in-law she loves figs.

Comment

I have a brown turkey fig too, it was free with a magazine offer, and doing well although only 2ft high yet.
                        I have seen fig trees (now I know what they look like) and even if they dont produce any fruit, they're still very attractive trees/plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Mell View Post
                          is it in a pot ? Mine from wilko took 4 years to fruit ! Although the most popular they don't seem to be the best from what people say or it could just be thge strain that is commonly sold
                          Yeah it's in a pot. A few more years untill it fruits then, well worth the wait i bet though

Comment

I grow my figs in bags to cold for outdoor growing lows can be well below -17c for several months.

Im sure if you go to this site.. Trees of Joy and email the owner Bass you will be offered good advice.

Comment

i dont actually know.. so i had a google and going by leaf shape it's something like calimyrna.. whether thats accurate i dunno.. i'll report back if i ever get any

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X