rhubarb plants & bunching onion

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhubarb plants & bunching onion

I know this isn't a seed but I figured it would be ok. We moved into our house in september and it has this huge rhubarb patch (its beyond just a plant) I have been giving chunck away and replanted some for myself in a different spot but still have loads There are some tiny ones that I could post but If you live near swindon you'd probably be better of picking some up.

I also have a fair amount of bunching onion could send a small amount but again if you live closeby you're welcome to pick some up.
    I'm looking for open polinating seeds. I have been given some seeds but most are hybreds and I would like open polinating so I can save seed for the next year since budget is very tight.

Thanks!

Ooh! Ooh! I wouldn't say no to either and I'm between Wootton Bassett and Calne.
    I think I'm going to show myself up as completely thick, but can you tell me what you mean by 'open polinating seeds'?

And welcome to the forum by the way!

Comment

Maybe not the right phrase in english I translated it literally I'm dutch
      I mean the sort that is true that when you save the seeds at the end of the season you can use them again and won't get any funny business like you do with hybred where you get odd shapes colours etc
      I have a link somewhere from an online supplier
      http://www.realseeds.co.uk/why.html I think this site can explain it better than I can
      You're welcome to come over and pick some up my email address is in my profile to sort out a time.
      Last edited by Lesley Jay; 08-03-2007, 09:56 PM.

Comment

hi silvermam
        I would be interseted in some of both

I have
        striato di napoli courgette
        tamra cue
        frise vert fonce parsleleaf selection coriander
        cupidon dwarf french bean
        latah tomato
        forellenscholoss lettuce
        from real seeds
        I have also got a few seeds from a tomato that I saved seed from last year called lido I was given a plant by a friend that he has been keeping going as you cannot buy it. the seed seam ok as ive planted 10 and about 8 have germinated its what i would call a italian slicing tomato

It would have to be by post as you are a bit far away but pm me if your interested and we will swap addresses

deb

Comment

Hi silverman

Some Rhubard would be really good. I am waiting on my order from a website but your welcome to have some of any, do you just want me to send you some of any? i have sent me your address on a pm.

thanks

Comment

Silvermam,
            Were there any particular seeds you were after?

Comment

I'll pm you all a bit later. Will be able to send plants out tomorrow.

I'm not after anything particular since I'm still new to all of this but I have lots of time and lots of land to fill so I'm keen to try anything

Comment

I think I have pm'ed everyone if you haven't had one from me let me know!

Comment

I'm of to the postoffice in a sec missed it on saturday by 5 minutes!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X