Sour apples

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour apples

I have just been cheeky and asked a neighbour if I can use her aples from her garden that never get used and have been trying to make some juice.

I have no idea of the varieties and/or whether they are desert or cooking. The juice is drinkable but quite sour and dry. Any ideas on how I can make it better?

Could I make it into cider? Also I ahve a pear tree that normally goes to waste, could I juice these? they are a conference pear.

Thanks
    Always Helping Others To Help Themselves...

It is still early for eating apples to be ripe. Did the apples come away from the tree with very little pressure?? If not then wait another 4 weeks and try them again.

I get loads of apples that I like to juice, but tend to mix them with other fruit and veg.
    Cider has alsways bit very hit or miss with me.

Comment

[QUOTE=WrexTheDragon;741747]It is still early for eating apples to be ripe. Did the apples come away from the tree with very little pressure?? QUOTE]
      Thanks Wrex

Well we have had alot of strong winds up here so ye probably not ripe.

So if the ones I have picked up off the floor today are no good for juicing any suggestions what I may do with them?
      Always Helping Others To Help Themselves...

Comment

Try peeling and add some sugar. dash of water and boil to make Apple Sauce.

Juice the apples with carrots, approx 50/50.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X