Autumn raspberries, best variety ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn raspberries, best variety ?

I have lots of summer fruiting raspberries but what autumn ones are the best and where did you get yours ? Ive been looking at Autumn Bliss from Blackmoor but they also recommend Polka. What do you rec ?

Joan J are brilliant !

Comment

I'm growing All Gold, guy at a local nursery said those were what he'd recommend, something different and they taste good too. It's my first time growing fruit though, so we'll see.. Currently am growing Glem Ample (not autum fruiting I know) - but these are amazing, so have frozen a load to compare.

Comment

I planted some polka last November but the plants just withered and died after surviving the winter, so wouldnt recommend them. I have summer ones which were planted in same soil and at the same time, which are doing really well. I have a couple of all gold, which are doing really well too - PLUS the birds dont take the berries!!

Comment

i grow joan j and polka,if when you plant these,dont cut all top growth off,just cut a third,as they crop so late,the old stems will fruit well,and when they are finished,the new stems will start cropping,after this when all fruiting is finished,trim to the ground and get ready to tie in the new shoots in the new year,regarding northepauls problem with polka,i planted mine in the autumn and they survived the 7 weeks of -6deg minimum temp,but as winter went straight into summer,they were slow to start off and have now caught up....
          Last edited by BUFFS; 16-07-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I've just bought lots of Polka for November delivery (DT Brown) who say it is even better than Joan J and Autumn Bliss.

I'm going to extend my raspberry fedge all the way down the lotty: because I'm at the top end of the site I get everyone else's litter blowing all over my plot. Hopefully the fedge will stop some of it.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

oh two sheds,that will be some fedge,fruiting from july to the frosts,OH has made some of the polka fruit into ice cream.....bliss,beats all those shop bought raspberries for their lovely taste...

Comment

Ice cream, pah!
                Mine's going into Chateau Two Sheds !
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have Autumn Gold which are really vigorous and need to be kept under tight control. Very good cropper with good flavour, I just have difficulty getting my head around the colour. I think next time I will try Joan J.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X