homeless leeks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homeless leeks

Hallo everyone. New poster, new plot (well relatively, first full season anyway) and looking for some advice to help me cope with my sowing over-enthusiasm!

My leeks are homeless and there is not a single corner on plot to put them in. My q is, shall I put them in a)evacuated pea bed (they've nearly finished) though they would be between broadys and french beans which I've heard they don't like, or b) in evacuated japanese onion bed(so same family= bad rotation). OH suggests digging up front garden but I think thats a bit drastic! Any suggestions? Thanks.

How many have you got and do you mean you are looking for their final positions or somewhere to stash them for the summer?

You can pop them in any old corner for now, and put them into their final positions once the summer crops have finished.

Comment

Thanks for replying. They are in pots atm, only little ones though. It's permanent quarters I need advice on, next to beans or after onions I wonder. (Am I over thinking this?...)

Comment

Just pop them into a corner somewhere if they are in pots [pop them out of the pots and straight into the soil - all together] and when you do have space, just put them in their final positions in about 3 months time.

The don't need to take up valuable space all summer; they are winter veg so just tuck them in until September.

Comment

Thanks for asking this question (and Zazen for the reply) I have some given to me by FionaH and some I have sown and I was begining to wonder what to do with them. Now I know I can just tuck them in and move them later, phew!!!!!!

Comment

Yep, same problem for me. Will do just the same thing! This year i've been a tad over-enthusiastic & have sweetcorn, chard & courgette in my flower beds!
            Jane,
            keen but (slightly less) clueless
            http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Thats really helpful. thank you. Will find a tuck-in corner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X