late late carrots!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late late carrots!

i still have autumn king carrots in the ground.(fingerling size).will these come to anything or should i just dig them in? thanks.

Hi purplevegman1 and welcome to the vine.

I haven't grown carrots much (actually got one small boiling for Christmas dinner) but have a packet of Autumn King seed here and the pack says they can be left in the ground in winter without splitting so at a guess they should be okay. Sure more experienced grapes will be along shortly to help you further. Good luck with your veg growing.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I'd dig them up and eat them - yum yum!

Comment

Depending on how many you have, you could do the same as I am doing just now and pulling a bunch of fresh carrots for each Sunday lunch, until they're finished!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Pull them now, if they're OK eat them, if not put on compost heap or feed to guinea pigs (if you have any) - I do they eat all sorts of veggie "waste" and pre-compost it in the form of nice little pellets which are then added to the main compost bin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X