Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes, Cuc's, Peppers Etc?

Folks,

The above have already germinated and I wondered If I could now move them into my Polly and cover with a cloche if need be?

Also, what could I sow in the Polly now, beans, leaves??
    Cheers

Danny

I think they will be OK. The cucurbits are most tender so they may need to be brought in if there is a severe frost forecast.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

I would keep the toms and peppers in the house at the moment, as I understand it they need it quite warm above 10 degrees I think. Could be wrong though as I'm just learning. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along soon

Comment

I'd not put toms or peppers out there full time for a bit yet and as I haven't got time in the morning / evening to run back and forth with them all they're all staying inside for me, although they are in the cooler atmosphere of the conservatory.

Not even planted my cucs yet, to be honest I'd not risk them out there either although you are further south than me.

Will be sowing some carrots in the polytunnel this weekend as well as planting out some mange tout and peas in there. Am considering risking some very early French beans which I randomly sowed (had loads saved from last year so no loss) but don't expect anything from them as it's far too early yet. Am also thinking of sowing some hot leaf mix in there which will be cleared before the toms go out there.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks for your replies folks,

I've managed to move things around so have some more windowsill space for now.
          Cheers

Danny

Comment

going to leave mine for a few weeks yet as temp in my green house still dropping to 2c on a night.

Comment

I'm not even sowing cucs yet, they need a pretty high overnight temp, tomatoes need about 10 so they're staying in the house for the moment.....running out of windowsill space, of course!
              Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

I've had all of the above in an unheated greenhouse for about a week, I'm covering them with fleece (double layer) overnight and they're looking good!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X