Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asparagus

Hi All,

Has any one come across companies selling asparagus crowns in small quantities? I can only find 12's and although I would love that amount I just don't have space.

Thanks, Mandy

Most Garden centre do packs of 4 One year old crowns. I grew mine from seed as my bed wasnt ready.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Here's a link Mandy to a company who sell them in 5's but they're £10. Seems expensive.
      Asparagus crowns

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi NoG, Alice,

I will give them a try, lots of lovley asparagus next year.

Thanks, Mandy

Comment

homebase had small packs (maybe 3/4 crowns) yesterday for about £3 I think.
          Last edited by Morty_007; 15-01-2007, 06:41 PM. Reason: I really can't spell

Comment

Lots of packs of 3 in Wilkinsons, In Store and Poundstretcher recently, think they were about £3 a pack, hope this is of help!
            Blessings
            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

yep I noticed Wilkinson sold them
              http://warmanallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

I picked up a packet of two for less than £3 yesterday in Woolies.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for your help, I will try homebase and woolies at the weekend. No Wilko's up here unfortunatly. Although I am at head office next week, I suppose I could try when I am down.

Thanks again, Mandy

Comment

I had the same problem but ended up ordering 12 for £14.99 I think. They won't come until April I think they said, do you want to have half as I don't think I will have enough room to do them justice? Its a green variety, I can't remember the exact type but I can check when I get home if you are interested

Comment

Hi Amanda,

If you are sure you won't use them all that would be great, PM your address and I will send a check for them.

I would love to have more space to grow lots more of everything.

Mandy

Comment

Don't worry about money, perhaps we can swap something at some point, I've tried finding the invoice but couldn't but I remember them being delivered around April so I'll PM you closer to the time to arrange delivery. I'm just glad the excess will be going to a good home!

Comment

Hi Amanda,

Thanks again, let me know nearer the time and I will send post and packing at least. Let me know if you need anything and I will gladly send if I have it.

Mandy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X