Tomatoes turning

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes turning

We have had very warm weather and I have been picking around 5 red toms per day. The last 2 days here have been up in the high 20'C and today it looks like all 45 tom plants are now really turning. Looks like a glut in around a weeks time me thinks I will be searching all the tom recipes!

How are your toms doing?
    BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
    Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Hiya BumbleB - yes ours are turning too. Picked a dozen cherry toms last night and enjoyed eating them with salad for lunch today. In fact all our salad was from homegrown produce! ......
    Lass

In all things of nature there is something marvellous.
    - Aristotle

Comment

Crap....looks like i'll be makin green tomato chutney!!

Comment

Mine are still green but a lighter shade than before so I 'think' it won't be long now.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Its funny how they turn lighter before they go red. Its a great feeling when they are on the turn - I was hanging banana skins on the branches, not sure if thats what has helped. I hope everyone gets to enjoy their toms.
          BumbleB

Comment

Green Tom chutney for me too I think! I've got hundreds of tomatoes. All GREEEEEN!

Comment

my tomatoes are turning too - BROWN! I have blight on the lottie and it looks like I'll lose them all. I'm keeping a eye on on the spuds every day, they're okay so far.

I have some tomato plants in the garden and I noticed one of them had blight too. Fell very down in the dumps!

Comment

Mine are still green One has been looking like it was going a different shade of green....for two weeks!!!

Oh well, let's hope the nice weekend gives them a kick up their tomatoey bum!
                RtB x

Comment

I've picked a few yellow cherry toms, but the rest are green still.

FORTY FIVE plants?

I take it you like tomatoes then?

Comment

Have just picked the first 10 from my sungold. Gardeners delight are turning as well.

3 Plants is enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterqueen View Post
                      I've picked a few yellow cherry toms, but the rest are green still.

FORTY FIVE plants?

I take it you like tomatoes then?
                      Yes, we like toms. We go through a punnet every 2 days through the winter months so hoping that we will have a good few months where we do not need to buy any. Also planning on making many jars of bolognese sauce and sun dried toms
                      BumbleB

Comment

I'm still waiting All I've got are a few cherry toms but the big ones, whilst big, don't seem to be doing anything else.
                        AKA Angie

Comment

Just one cherry tom changing colour so far and a few hundred green!
                          Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Picked a kilo of various types of tomatoes yesterday, and the plum types are starting to turn now so our pressure canner will be retrieved from the garage very soon.

BumbleB, how do you plan to preserve your bolognaise sauce?! Please read this before you do http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ide_28199.html

Comment

My fingers are firmly crossed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X