How many shallots?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many shallots?

Today I dug up my shallots which were planted in March, they have done really well, I had quite a number with 5 or 6 from the original one bulb, but I was really surprised to have one bunch of 8, they were a good size too, Made me wonder what sort of numbers others were getting from one original bulb?

Mine have been fairly awful this year. Very small bulbs.
    I am *not* buying Wilko sets again this year, I am going to try them from seed
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

i have lots of them to but they are all very small so tioday im going to harvest the rest and piclke them
      a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Mine are like yours Lottieval. Most had 5 or 6 and quite a few had 8. One had 9 and 1 had 13 ! They're all nice big bulbs. I grew them in a bread crate.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I'm really pleased with my banana shallots from seed. Especially as my onions and garlic all got white rot. I'm trying onions from seed in modules next month, see how they fare.

Comment

Originally posted by stupot View Post
            I'm really pleased with my banana shallots from seed. Especially as my onions and garlic all got white rot. I'm trying onions from seed in modules next month, see how they fare.
            OOh, do you want to do a moon trial during September, 1 or 5 seeds every day through the month, into modules, all you got to do is to weigh them at the end and publish the final weights....and obviously keep track of the day that each was sown on?

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ial_36540.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X