Parsnips again ???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsnips again ???

Hi there,is there still time to start some more parsnip seeds of,got some in,and had 2 goes with the chitting of more,and both lots got wasted as i could not get them into the ground at the right time,but will be in control lol this time,providing is NOT to late,so what advice would you experts give please,thank you
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

I'd chuck them in a nicely dug raised bed, put sand or sieved soil over the top, and weed carefully until they are up. Then leave them alone [apart from weeding] until about November.

Glad it's not just me sowing stuff for winter late. Just sown about 500 leeks, lots for us and lots for the family in Wales.....and probably give lots more away

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

Glad it's not just me sowing stuff for winter late. Just sown about 500 leeks, lots for us and lots for the family in Wales.....and probably give lots more away
      How many? thought I was doing well with 40!
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Yeah, and that's not counting the ones I already have on the go.

I'm Welsh you see, it's in the blood.

Comment

thank you zazen,and very quick to,have been reading the thread about swedes,so will have another go with those as well,we love our veggies,the ones i have in moduels,and not sitting on the ground don't look to promosing,it seems to me that the growing season has shifted to a few weeks later this year
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thing with parsnips is they are pretty much useless next year anyway, so you may as well sow them....
            Last edited by zazen999; 17-07-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Hi

I am new to leeks and realise I am late for sowing are there any varieities for sowing now???

thanks!
              Sarah

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X