Blackcurrants losing leaves!?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackcurrants losing leaves!?

Probably going to be an embarrassingly obvious answer, but do blackcurrants lose their leaves somewhat after they finish fruiting?

Got new bushes this year and loads of new growth so bodes well for next year unless something has gone wrong to make leaves drop if they are not supposed to...

I'd be just a little bit worried if my currants got these symptoms Rabidbun. It just might be Drepanopeziza ribis, a fungus which attacks blackcurrants and will reduce yield next year. Just to be on the safe side I would give a spray with Bordeaux mixture now and then again in early spring.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Forgot to say they also dried out in the dry spell - not sure if that would have something to do with the leaf drop (they were neglected a wee bit with the watering as I didn't know they would keep the rain off their pots with the leaves ).

Edit: Went out and took a good look - the branch I noticed hasn't got any sign of the fungus, but as luck would have it, the leaves that have been dropping and some of the ones on the bottom of each plant look just like the fungus you mentioned! Have now ordered some Bordeaux mix, so thanks again for the help!
      Last edited by Rabidbun; 02-07-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X