Is this normal? Calabrese question?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal? Calabrese question?

Hi, everyone was so helpful with my ditzy potato question I thought I would ask another....I bought some calabrese seedlings from the garden centre about 3 weeks agp, looked strong and healthy and I've been ensuring they're not dried out/sodden and out of frosty conditions.

The 1st leaves, the seedling ones, have turned yellow even though the rest of the plant looks sturdy and healthy.

Is this normal? If not, what could be causing it & what should I do??

I should point out I haven't moved them from their original container yet...could that be it?

Thanks in advance

Laura x

The seed leaves will turn yellow and drop off of their own accord, so you have nothing to worry about as long as the rest of the plant is healthy.
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

If you bought them three weeks ago and they were hardened off properly, they should romp away if planted out now! (could be a bit potbound)
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

i have sown loads of calabrees and broccoli seeds some are just showing, as somehow i killed the ist sowings off. some are about 2 inches tall,how tall/big should they be before planting out. i want to be sure as i dont want to end up with nothing like last years fiasco.
        a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X