Reviving raspberries - how?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving raspberries - how?

I'm planning to clear the last quarter of my allotment this weekend and need some advice first.

There are some rasberry plants that the previous allotment holder had planted. The site was heavily overgrown when I got it and I have not touched this area yet. The canes have some leaves on them now but are quite overgrown with grass.

I have a fruit bed already prepared and I was hoping to move the rasps this weekend. Would they cope with the upheaval or should I leave them in situ this year then move then in the winter? I'm not sure what variety they are either, should I prune or just leave them? There are various canes are about 3-5ft high.

Thanks for any advice.
    My 2014 No Dig Allotment
    My 2013 No Dig Allotment
    My 2012 No Dig Allotment
    My 2011 No Dig Allotment

If it were me, I'd probably leave them be, see when they fruit, and then prune appropriately and move in the autumn.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Seconded what BS said.
      Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Ok, thought that may be the answer. I'll strip out as much of the grass as I can then mulch it to stop any further re-growth.
        My 2014 No Dig Allotment
        My 2013 No Dig Allotment
        My 2012 No Dig Allotment
        My 2011 No Dig Allotment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X