Grapes in a polytunnel?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapes in a polytunnel?

Does anyone know whether grapes can be successfully grown in a polytunnel?

Our greenhouse is being demolished soon, and I'd like to move the mature grapevine that's in there to our new polytunnel.... it's currently dormant, so I think I should be ok to move it, however I can't find anything anywhere about growing vines under plastic....

Cheers!

The buds on my grape vine in my cold greenhouse are already swelling. It probably depends on how big your grapevine is. A small one should be OK. In a polytunnel you would need something to support the branches.
    Last edited by realfood; 23-03-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Mine's in a huge plastic tub in the greenhouse and it's in leaf. Need something to go across the greenhouse door hole this year. Left it open last year and the birds stripped it bare.
      http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

We grow two in tunnels and two outside (all cardinal). The ones in the tunnels did magnificently, ripening 20 odd big bunches. The outside ones were smaller and ripened in October.

I highly recommend growing them in a tunnel.

Comment

Roots outside.......vine inside....Buckland Sweetwater....I dont know if you can still get this one

Comment

Got a grape vine last year, al the leaves dropped off and looked dead but it has started to bud now so I hope that it will be ok.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X