beetroot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beetroot

can beetroot be sown in pots then transplanted into soil or is it best to sow direct.
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

I sow mine in modules then transplant with good results.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

I hope so cos I've sown mine in modules
      AKA Angie

Comment

i am trying both ways this year. Some seeds seemed to produce two plants if i remember rightly.

Comment

Originally posted by msflocks View Post
          i am trying both ways this year. Some seeds seemed to produce two plants if i remember rightly.
          A lot of beetroot come as multi-cluster seeds, unless you buy a specific monogerm variety.
          There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing, should I sow them now in modules and when should they be planted out. Not sure if its too early for me as I am in Scotland. I have never grown veg before so have no idea when i should be sowing

Comment

I sowed mine direct into the garden 10 days ago but no seedlings yet. Will give it until May and if no luck i'll resow them again.
              Serene she stand amid the flowers,
              And only count lifes sunny hours,
              For her dull days do not exist,
              Evermore the optimist

Comment

Last year grew them in modules then transplanted them into the plot. Plan to do the same this year but weather seems to be a bit mixed at the moment and experiencing some early mornings frosts (although the rest of the day is lovely).

Comment

I grow too many things in modules as I really like getting started early but I always just dump my beetroot straight in the soil - first lot two weeks ago and next lot this weekend and every two weeks until I run out of space! It seems to grow like weeds and quicker than most weeds.
                  I tried the method mentioned on another thread here (it might have been for carrots but I have applied the method to both) – Making a V with you spade and filling with compost germination has only started to happen this week but all looks to be going well.

Regards

Pat
                  "Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X