mini pop sweet corn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini pop sweet corn

i have a packet of the above,the instructions are fine exept 1 thing,roughly how tall are they likely to get,please
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

They get just as tall as the regular corn Lottie Dolly - about 6 feet.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

with about 3 mini cobs on each one i decided it wasn't worth the space.

Comment

thank you for a prompt reply girls,i grew some lovely big cobs last year,till someone stole 2/3ds of em,they grew bigger than 6ft,i am now wondering if them worth the bother if only about 3 per plant,still it would maybe throw them of the scent,so to speake,,i presume if you let them to continue growing,they will be ok,just not mini anymore,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hi
          I also grew them a couple of years ago and decided I might just as well grow the full sized ones. Not sure if they will continue growing if you leave them as I would have thought they've been cross bred to only produce small cobs but you could always give it a go
          AKA Angie

Comment

We grew them last year because my daughter loves them They were well worth it to us because she ate every last one of them. We got 4 off some of them, 3 off others. They don't need to be spaced as wide as normal cobs, and you pick them before they're pollinated (when the silks are still white at the top of the cobs). If you leave them, they will pollinate and swell into corn cobs, but might not be as sweet because they're not bred for that. We'll be growing lots of them this year

Comment

thank you sarzwix,i will try them,but will not let any grow for seed,that way i should not get any cross pollination,my f1 sweet nugget are self saved seeds,i put 3 onto amp paper and they all had green shoots a good inch long before they died of,i will try some more and see if i get same results,i have enough to plant a field lol,just looked on the original packet,and not saying how long they are viable for,anyone know,maybe i could hold enough back for other years,otherwise they i could pop them seed swap.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X