X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberries - sun or part shade??

Hi, i'm going to plant 2 rows of raspberries 1 * summer row, 1 * autumn row

One of these rows will be in pretty much full sun, one in part shade

Anyone know whether its better to plant the summer or the autumn rasp in the part shade row?

thx

I don't think it matters.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Rasps are a woodland plant and will tolerate a bit of dappled shade! Mine are shaded by next doors monstrous hut purely because not much else will grow there!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Mine are a bit shaded but still produce very well in the autumn but that's as I've nowhere else to put them. In your case I'd put the summer ones in the partial shade and the autumn ones in the full sun simply as the summer days are longer.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Wild rasps up here in the Angus glens seem to prefer full sun

Comment

thx all for advice

Comment

Raspberrys do extremely well in Scotland ... I don't think they get much full sun up there
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                Raspberrys do extremely well in Scotland ... I don't think they get much full sun up there
                They'll get longer days in summer up in Scotland so a longer period to potentially get the sun

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X