When to bring in tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to bring in tomatoes

Hey, this is my first year of growing tomatoes and as my beginners luck would have it, I've had a good time of it. I've still got lots of green tomatoes on the plants outside and I know I should be bringing them inside soon but when exactly? I want to leave them on the plant for a couple of days yet as we're forecast some sun (a rarity) but on the other hand apparently it's going to get down to about 7 degrees tonight and I'd rather bring in the fruits if that's going to damage them in any way...

Help please!

Tomatoes are fine down to about 5°c Lola, so should be ok. And if you have any fleece, or old net curtains you could drape it over the plants to give them a couple of degrees warmth.

Comment

You have done really well Lola! all mine and most peoples for that matter have been caught out by the wretched blight! grrrrr
      If no old curtains even sheets of news paper would offer a little protection!
      Well done you!

Comment

If you get fed up of waiting for the sun (as i did)(plus i had some very large green toms) then you could try making Green Tomato Chutney I have just made mine from a family recipe that is over 25 years old and will leave it to mature for 2 month, so it will be ready for christmas.
        By the way I got 3.5 Litres of the stuff from 3lbs of toms, so it will last me til next year (well the middle of january anyway)
        The Weeds are Winning...

Sleep just let me Sleep...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X