Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic Tips

Here are some ideas for your garlic crop:

Soak the cloves in a solution of Epsom Salts before planting, according to Soviet research it leads to bigger bulbs as shoot growth is faster.

If youve had a really garlic infused meal, chewing fresh parsley will tame your breath!

We all know about making a garlic spray but make a similar spray from chillies and combine the two. The garlic acts as a repellant and the chilli acts as a pestacide.
    Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Thanks Geordie, that's a great tip! My garlic was really slow to start last year. Good to see you're still around

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Another Garlic Tip:

Thanks for the tips, Geordie - here's another - to get the smell off hands/fingers after chopping garlic, wash hands with a little lemon juice or vinegar.
      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Here's another
        If you've had roasted garlic for dinner, stay off work for the next 2 days - your colleagues will thank you for it
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Garlic spray?

Originally posted by Geordie View Post
          We all know about making a garlic spray but make a similar spray from chillies and combine the two. The garlic acts as a repellant and the chilli acts as a pestacide.
          I was really interested by your tip, Geordie, thanks for that. Only thing is, I'm a newbie, so I don't know how you make a garlic (or garlic & chilli) spray. Could you (or someone) enlighten my ignorance, please? Sorry for being a thickie!

Comment

Where do you get Epsom Salts from ? (the obvious answe would be Epsom but that's miles away !)
            Last edited by Maf; 15-09-2008, 06:15 PM.

Comment

you can get epsom salts from any chemist
              xxxmillyxxx
              The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.

- Alfred Austin

Comment

Originally posted by CarolineW View Post
                I was really interested by your tip, Geordie, thanks for that. Only thing is, I'm a newbie, so I don't know how you make a garlic (or garlic & chilli) spray. Could you (or someone) enlighten my ignorance, please? Sorry for being a thickie!
                There's some posts on how to do this, just do a search for Garlic Fire Spray. It's good for killing caterpillars on your brassicas
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Thanks, Maureen. I'll do that. Maf, you can also get Epsom salts from most garden centres. I keep meaning to do a price comparison between chemists and garden centre, but so far it's still on my (very) long list of things I keep meaning to do!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X