is it too late to get fruits on my pumpkin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it too late to get fruits on my pumpkin

Hi all, Its been down the allotment for a long time now. Its not as big as I thought it would be (its about 2feet high) and not as sprawling either although I cant remember which type it is. It has flowers on but no fruits. will there be enough time now to get fruit. should I feed it? any help would be great

EDIt- having a senior moment. its a squash not a pumpking
    Last edited by mrs baggins; 01-08-2008, 06:59 AM. Reason: error

How do Mrs Baggins you should have no problem with your Squash/Pumpkin if you have a wander around your site see if any body else is growing Pumkins and see how things are with them good luck jacob marley
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Should be fine. Squash come later than courgettes. None of my squash are fruiting yet. My first pumpkin is about 2.5 ins across.
      ---
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

Courgettes are squashes. Pumpkins are squashes.

Anyway, my Mars pumpkins are now head-size. My Golden Nuggets & Butternuts are tennis ball size. They get a Comfrey liquid feed every week, if I remember.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My pumpkins are football size and I ain't got a squash in sight.
          The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

i have flowers on both, but no actual fruit yet!!!! boo hiss - but hopefully they will be coming soon!

Comment

Hi,

Courgettes are cropping steadily, marrows are swelling, got just two golf ball sized pumpkins, lost one already

Fingers crossed!

TGR
              TGR

Comment

Pumpkins have at last set fruit and have a couple at least and they are about 4in across. Have not bothered with squashes as I never get more than one fruit per plant.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X