first strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first strawberries

bought a strawberry plant from wilkinsons last week, and it already had some strawberries on it, so i can't claim any input other than the fact that they haven't died yet ...... son has been looking after the garden since i've been away, (ok he's been going out twice a day to check for growth like i told him to when he feeds the fish) he texted today to say he had 4 and they were lovely ...... gawd, i do all the work and he's gonna have eaten them all before i get home

apparently my shoot is now about 1 1/2 cm long ....... but it's the only one, so either nothing else is going to grow ...... or its definitely a weed ....... i told him to look after it anyway and we had heavy rain last night, so he stuck a plant pot upside down over it so it didn't get squished ..... bless ..... i did ask if he'd given it a hot water bottle and a scarf too

Lynda xx

lol lol !!! my straws are delicious, just remember to keep the runner that grows and peg it into the pot and when it has rooted them trim it from the plant and you have another plant for next year, i am gonna have loads by next year and got some ready for wimbledon next week ha ha.

SS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X