Over done it with the seed potatoes!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over done it with the seed potatoes!

I've planted my seed potatoes down on the lottie - decided on only two raised beds this year...... had a few spare, gave a few away, planted a "few" in buckets............... apart from the three potato sacks I won through the mag, I've just counted 19 morrisons flower buckets with potatoes in!

Has anyone else over done it with seeds/potatoes etc? Bernie aka DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Yep - me too! Ordered three different types, plus the 10 freebies the D T Brown website - didn't realise there would be quite so many in a bag! Chitted them all, gave half away to my brother and still managed to plant two 20ft rows and eight pots!

You live & learn eh!
    Jane,
    keen but (slightly less) clueless
    http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Yup, me too Bernie I've got maincrops in the ground, then 3 big 'Spud Tubs' and 4 big containers on the lottie and 2 big containers at home. I've still got 16 Ulster Sceptre, 2 Charlotte & 2 Anya seed spuds with nowhere to plant them I've tried giving them away, no takers. I'm hoping my friends will get their veg plot organised in time to plant them - I hate waste!

Comment

Sarah - you could always nip to Morrisons and get some buckets for 99p and do the same as me! I know the crops will be small - but rather that than waste anything. Bernie
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Only myself and my ensuite bathroom (cool and light) will ever know the full shame of this year's seed spud extravaganza
          I was feeling part of the scenery
          I walked right out of the machinery
          My heart going boom boom boom
          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
          I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
            Sarah - you could always nip to Morrisons and get some buckets for 99p and do the same as me! I know the crops will be small - but rather that than waste anything. Bernie
            I have quite a lot of those already, but the cost of compost is mounting up, and I also have to find space for 40 or so tomato plants, about 50 chillis and 10 pepper plants

Did I say I'd gone a bit over-board this year?!

Comment

I had around 40 Morrison's buckets last year with spuds in - no ground dug for spuds then (still hoping to get some in the ground this year) and lost the lot to blight!
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Sarzwix What are you going to do with 50 chillie plants Do keep us posted on that one

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Me too, 6 twenty foot rows of first earlies, 4 rows second earlies and 10 rows of main crop, also gave away enough sets for at least 5 more rows.Just didnot realise how many potatoes you get in a bag.

Comment

Havent planted any in the ground yet but I have 20 builders tubs started in jan and have another 10 to plant up yet with my earlies, I will put the main crop in next weekend.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Lost count after planting 135 - there are more, I can't resist something I like. I have taken on an allotment (last summer) which resembled deepest darkest Borneo and dad said 'do potatoes - they break up the ground' - so I have!

On a whim and seduced by the write-up, I've put in 20 mayan gold - does anybody know anything about them?

I Know it is passed my bed time - but Hubby is in Scotland and can't sleep!

Comment

I have planted two 15ft rows of Arran Pilot, two of Anya (plus one bucket) and four of Sarpo Axona. But there will be 7 people eating the produce and we all love spuds!

Might get more buckets for the leftover sarpo seed tatties.
                        Last edited by heebiejeebie; 11-05-2008, 06:43 AM.
                        You are a child of the universe,
                        no less than the trees and the stars;
                        you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

in total i ordered 120 seeds in totalover 3 verietys
                          it is true you get quite a lot in the packs the way i se it you cant have enough spuds
                          all the best
                          PRESTON NORTH END
                          xbox gamertag billybobs
                          add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

I Have Only Got 3 Potato Bags Two Contianers And A Dustbin Full Of Potatoe So I Think I Have Restrained Myself
                            joanne geldard

Comment

How big does the bucket need to be? Have a few sets left, never growen them in buckets before, might give it a go this year if I can find the right size buckets.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X