Aubergines or Cape Gooseberries?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aubergines or Cape Gooseberries?

I planted 20 each of Aubergine and Cape Gooseberry seeds into a 40 cell seed tray, however, during the process my puppy distracted me and I'm not sure I labelled each half the right way. One side has started to sprout, small greet seedlings, with two, slim, leaves.

Are they aubergines of Cape Gooseberries?
    Last edited by amandaandherveg; 16-04-2008, 12:54 PM.

The leaves which have appeared are just seed leaves Amanda and have no resemblance to the true leaves. You'll be able to tell which is which when the true leaves appear.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Oh the suspense!

Comment

I sowed cape gooseberries last year and am I right in thinking they are smaller seeds than aubergines? if so, the cape gooseberry seedlings will be smaller than the aubergine seedlings.
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Thanks Kirsty, unfortunately only one side have popped up so far so nothing to compare to. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I grew Cape Gooseberries last year and they were slow, so I'd hazard a guess that these are aubergines. I've done the same thing, but with savoy cabbages and early sprouts, I'm unlikely to know the difference until next September.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

my aub have come thru with longer slim leaves and cape goos with small round leaves hope this helps .
              I'd rather regret the things i've done than regret not doing them at all.

Comment

I planted aubergines and cape gooseberries at the same time (in seperate trays) in my propogator, the aubergines came through a week or ten days before the cape gs, so you probably have aubs there.

Comment

Almost certain to be aubergines first. My cape gooseberries took weeks to come through and germination was not as good.

Ian

Comment

Cape gooseberries as in kiwi or as in physalis (I thought long and hard on the spelling of this!) My kiwi is self set from one of my home made compost bags!!It romps all over the walls and is very pretty.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X