Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too late to repot apples and blueberries ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late to repot apples and blueberries ?

I was thinking on Easter Monday of repotting my apple trees and blueberries into bigger planters (20 in for the apple trees instead of 18 now) and the bueberries will go into the apple tree planters.

Is it too late assuming I water them carefully next week ?

Depends! If you are just going to knock them out of the old pot and move them rootball and all you should be fine, even if they have started to break bud - just keep them well watered as you said.

If it was more of breaking up the old rootball and totally replacing the soil you might have a problem as this would break all the root hairs which would mean that the plants can't drink.......
    Last edited by TPeers; 22-03-2008, 07:46 PM.
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

no idea about the apples but the blueberrys should be fine as long as you are carfull i did mine this time last year and most of them were fine

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
        Depends! If you are just going to knock them out of the old pot and move them rootball and all you should be fine, even if they have started to break bud - just keep them well watered as you said.

If it was more of breaking up the old rootball and totally replacing the soil you might have a problem as this would break all the root hairs which would mean that the plants can't drink.......
        I was going to do the former so they can have some more space.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X