Rhubarb and Gooseberries...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhubarb and Gooseberries...

My rhubarb and gooseberries are still yet to see any life this year.....should I be worried?

My rhubarb has been out and about for quite a while now. Its in its second year of life, taken from a cutting, and I noticed leaves on it before I came back to work, which was 24th Jan.
    Depending on the age of it, ie if you've only just bought it, I would probably be thinking there was something amiss, especially with you living in the south.
    Re goosegogs, my bush is currently doing nothing at all according to the boss this morning.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Mine are barely in evidence. I wouldn't worry yet.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

No worries yet!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I wouldn;t worry yet mines is only starting to poke through.

Comment

I've got several different types of both gooseberries and rhubarb. Some are showing life signs, some not, so I definitely think there's no need to worry yet.
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

My rhubarb as just started sprouting trough and my gooseberry bush is a stick with loads of spikes on. not to worry yet it will come when its ready
              Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

Far too early for any growth on gooseberries. My rhubarb is only just showing signs of life (those lovely fat round buds that you know you should have covered with compost or manure)

Comment

I agree with all the above - gooseberries are far too early (tho my raspberries and currants bushes are sprouting) and my older rhubard is just starting to show through the leaf mulch.
                  TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                    Far too early for any growth on gooseberries. My rhubarb is only just showing signs of life (those lovely fat round buds that you know you should have covered with compost or manure)
                    yep i'm there too..........so wouldnt worry yet
                    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

My rhubarb tubers were dug out to make way for a pear tree and were throw into the bonfire pile only to find them later springing to life (sprouting). They look like right out of a sci-fi film of alien babies . So I can say even without soil, they thrive. Have now made the effort to give them away to several rhubarb lovers.
                      Last edited by veg4681; 17-02-2008, 08:58 PM.
                      Food for Free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X