DIY Mixed Salad Leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Mixed Salad Leaves

I've been looking at some packets of Mixed Salad Leaves, and, for the first time, looking at what seeds make up the Mixes.
    In case you want to make up your own, here are some "recipes".

T&M Fancy Summer Mix = Landcress, Purslane Golden, Orach Scarlet Emperor, Chamomile, Wild Rocket, Napoli ?, Tree spinach, Shungiku

T&M Speedy Mix = 20% Salad Rocket Serrata, 10% Greek cress, 20% Mustard Pizzo, 20% Mustard Red Lace, 20% Pak Choi Green, 10% Mizuna

Kings Mixed Spicy Leaves = 25% of each - Rocket, Mizuna, Mustard Giant Red, Mustard Southern Giant

MrF - Mild salad leaves = pak choi, chervil, mizuna plus others (N/K)

T&M Salad leaves Winter greens the Goodlife Mix = Komatsuna, Mizuna, Mustard Red Lion, Pak Choy Red Wizard

T&M Stir Fry Mixed = Mizuna, Canton Pak Choy, Red Mustard, Texel greens, Cavolo Nero

Californian salad Mix = Land cress, Kale Red Russian, Red Chard, Salad Rocket & Spinach

Hot & Spicy Mix = Red Mustard, Mizuna & Rocket

Tuscan Mix= Chicory Italicco Rosso, Rocket Dentellate, Kale nero di Toscana, lettuces Lollo Rosso & Catalogna Cerbiata

There are a few things on these lists that I wouldn't have thought to add to a Salad leaf Mix.

If you have any other "Recipes" from other companies perhaps you could add them.
    Thanks.

I don't have exact proportions, but I bought a mixed salad leaf packet from Wilko a couple years ago, and it was mostly coriander, and even had carrots in it. It was very odd.

Comment

Another one:-
      Pennard's "Cold snap Salad" = Celery leaf, White Chard, Winter Purslane, Landcress, Mizuna, Cornsalad

Comment

Again it’s one of the things I’m not sowing. But I do usually have a good selection on the go. Often mixing mixes and regularly add claytonia . I have a bit of an odd soft spot for lettuces & salad mixes . I’ll have a dig through my seed packets next time I’m anywhere near the garden. I’m not expecting to find anything different. You’ve pretty much covered the lot with your list VC . FYI now I really want to grow salad after reading this thread .

Comment

T&M crispy lettuce leaves blend.

Romania Rubia de verano, little gem, cerbiatta, red salad bowl, Saladin.

Have to say I've never really read whats in salad mix beef now, and I do grow a few different packets of them.
          This is a good thread VC
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I always grew Franchi seeds' Quatro Stagioni (4 seasons) salad mix which was radicchio, chicory and lots of different lettuces but they don't sell it in the UK any more
            I used the last of my packet last year, so am trying to assemble a similar mix without spending too much money *sigh*
            This thread makes interesting reading

Comment

Thelma, I have some old packets (sow by 2014 & 2016) of
              Franchi Misticanza di Lattughe (a mixture of the best lettuce varieties chosen for flavour and earlyness)
              and Franchi Tuscany salad mix (a mix of lettuces used in Tuscany).
              Not very helpful on the contents list and way out of date but you're welcome to some seeds if you want to risk it!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Thelma, I have some old packets (sow by 2014 & 2016) of
                Franchi Misticanza di Lattughe (a mixture of the best lettuce varieties chosen for flavour and earlyness)
                and Franchi Tuscany salad mix (a mix of lettuces used in Tuscany).
                Not very helpful on the contents list and way out of date but you're welcome to some seeds if you want to risk it!
                Thnx will pm you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X