Really annoyed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really annoyed

Today I went to vote with my husband (age 90). This was not in a city centre. Every space (including disabled) full in the car park. Nobody in the polling station. There was literally no parking at all available in the area. I am so annoyed as my election mantra is " if you don't vote don't complain about the result" .Does anyone know who I can complain to? The electoral commission seems only interested in postal votes. I followed another link which was a dead end.
    Grrrrrr!!!!!!

That is absolutely disgraceful there should be somebody patrolling the car parks as well as the polling station.

Comment

I agree. This seems to be an attempt to stop the elderly and others with limited mobility from voting. I am livid but I can't find anywhere to complain. I did complain inside the polling station. We did vote but I can imagine a lot of people gave up and went home.

Comment

There will probably be an elections /electoral officer at the council you could write to.
        I applied for a postal vote years ago, due to long commute/shift work. It certainly makes parking less of a problem, though it’s downside is that I get a few days less to make my mind up who I want to vote for ;-)

Comment

I've had a postal vote for years. Don't see the point of going out to vote when I don't have to.

If you forget to post it you can still hand deliver it to the polling station.
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 12-12-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Postal vote for me as well, polling station too far to walk nowadays, and not on the bus route - so a lot easier

Comment

We don’t have postal voting in Ireland, I think it would be great

Comment

Walked down to polling station yesterday in horizontal drizzle. Got a plain chocolate digestive after voting!
                Going back up the hill was a pig.
                No parking at last three polling stations I've used.
                They really need to restrict postal vote to those that really need it. Too many naughty people about nowadays.
                https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47535867
                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Postal vote here for years. Darn good thing it is too.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

Postal here as well

Comment

Before I had a postal vote, I was unexpectedly out of town one voting day, so was unable to vote. Why take that risk when you can have a postal vote? Vote on a day that suits you in your local postbox?

Greenishfing, ask for a postal vote for you both for the next election, save you all the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        Postal vote here for years. Darn good thing it is too.
                        It may be good for honest people but there's been a lot of skulduggery in some areas, did you read that link I posted?

Most of us could do with the exercise of walking to vote!
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I can't see a mention of postal voting in your link, Danny?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyK View Post
                            It may be good for honest people but there's been a lot of skulduggery in some areas, did you read that link I posted?

Most of us could do with the exercise of walking to vote!
                            Times change, Danny. What supposedly happened 5 years ago (I found no mention of postal vote either in your link) is not an indication of how things are today. And people will find a way to cheat in any walk of life. The beauty of our country is that mostly they are caught at it
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

My OH has mobility problems and as the booth was situated well away from the signing in desk, she asked to fill her voting form in resting on the ballot box. This was ok'd by the returning officer and everything went fine
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X