Friday is for Flowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday is for Flowers

Anyone planning any flower seed sowing, propagating, planting tomorrow?
    I have 100 Lilies, 100 Gladioli and 100 Dahlias to plant (dream on VC) and some pond/bog plants to find a home for.

I would love to meet you one day, you seem bonkers which is so refreshing��
    Cheers

Danny

Comment

Guess your special offer arrived, mine hasn’t or I would be doing the same.

Going to go through my seed box for any autumn sowers.
      Elsie

Comment

The other day I sowed California Poppies, Nigella, Echium Blue Bedder, Fox & Cubs, Sweet William, Cornflowers, Alyssum saxatilis and Lesser Knapweed. Will try sowing some Teucrium hircanicum, Rudbeckia fulgida and Salvia nemorosa when the seeds arrive in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by elsie-scot View Post
          Guess your special offer arrived, mine hasn’t or I would be doing the same.

Going to go through my seed box for any autumn sowers.
          I expected to hear it was on ts way, Elsie, but it arrived unannounced. They look healthy though!

Comment

I have a few seedlings to pot on: knautia macedonica, echinacea Magic Box and purple basil (those last two off a magazine). I just sowed winter pansy mixed and jolly joker pansy, and a couple of the mixed ones have popped through already. Lots of fun!
            Last edited by Babru; 23-08-2019, 06:36 AM.
            Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by broadway View Post
              I would love to meet you one day, you seem bonkers which is so refreshing��

"Would love to meet bonkers chicken with a view to learning how to plant 300 bulbs in one day in a weed infested garden!"

Danny, in real life I'm very shy and sensible. However, I'm easily influenced and being part of this nutty forum has meant I've had to adapt to be accepted. I'm sure you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I expected to hear it was on ts way, Elsie, but it arrived unannounced. They look healthy though!
                Must have heard it’s flower Friday. Took dog out for her walk just after 7 and they were on back door step.

All look ok.
                Elsie

Comment

I see you have been fishing again VC, just wondering why most of your catches seem to be up north (small pumpkin, elsie Scot, ME) and evidently broadway is getting reeled in too
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

But you're the biggest catch, rary.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                      I see you have been fishing again VC, just wondering why most of your catches seem to be up north (small pumpkin, elsie Scot, ME) and evidently broadway is getting reeled in too
                      I’d of been had hook line & sinker on this if my new garden had been ready. Unfortunately it’s about 3 years early

Comment

Yesterday I only did some deadheading of geraniums and dahlias................and ordered some plants from Parkers - first time. Their catalogue arrived and the special offers tempted me - as well as 15 free lily flowered tulips with every order and £5 off any order over £10 from the catalogue (which covered the p&p).
                        I ordered 25 Gladioli byzantium, 6 gypsophila (my Grampy always grew it and I've never been able to), a Sarcocca confusa and 3 Xenia gooseberries (total £15.93) The code is PD0919 if you want to use it.
                        Last edited by veggiechicken; 31-08-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Not much this Friday- crazy day to finish crazy week.

Cut some pansies and Scotch marigolds to enter into local show - DD wrote her name on labels and got herself two firsts.

Still have my 100 gladioli to plant but need some more soil/mpc to cover them well enough.

Looking forward to next Friday already 😀
                          Last edited by elsie-scot; 31-08-2019, 09:35 PM.
                          Elsie

Comment

100 gladioli are now in, covered with what mpc I had mixed with shredded paper. Going to top with seaweed and hopefully pick up some soil/mpc soon.
                            Elsie

Comment

My Gladdies are still in their box.
                              All I did was dead head the geraniums and dahlias and pick the sweet peas. Its been a busy day on other things!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X