Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what age did you.....

Start going grey?
    Blame VC for this as she started me thinking.

I d have no grey at all on my head even though I’m a couple of years off sis......six......ity.
    I’ve always been naturally blond and have no grey showing. I won’t include my luxurious beard or eyebrows that do admittedly need trimming so I can see.
    Younger people who have not reached this milestone need not answer unless you just want to..,
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

age 40. Which I consider most unfair, as I'm losing it on top as well. I thought one was supposed to get one or the other.

And my beard is going full Yasser Arafat (looks straggly in the pics as the grey doesn't show).

Mike

Comment

In my late 30s, Lumpy.
      In my 40s, I heard one of the lads I worked with describe me as the "silver haired lady by the window". That amused the others and they started called me Sylvia.
      I dyed it with henna once and it went orange. So I went to a hairdressers to have it coloured. It looked plum in the front but after a few washes, the back was pink. Of course, I couldn't see this so it was left to the same work colleagues to ask me if I knew I had pink hair.
      After that I learnt to love my white hair and wear it always.

Comment

From my mid 20's...started at the sides and worked up, the bald spot started at the top and worked down

Comment

Late 20’s for me. The grey seems to be increasing daily now. I really couldn’t care less .
          I won’t be dying it anytime soon. Got better things to spend my money on.......seeds

Comment

I've a bit of grey, I'm 41. I had first white hair at 21! I'm not afraid of it, it's just a colour. I envy those older ladies with silky white hair, I want that

Comment

I found my first white hair at 9, so have long since stopped worrying about it and it’s daily increasing number of friends ;-)

Comment

Not really sure I must have been in my late 40's, it started with a bit at the front that looked like paint in my hair, its now spreading though.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

24! Started slowly looked like the guy out of the TV show "The Mallens"
                  Cheers

Danny

Comment

I have no idea, as it was only a few months ago that I realised I have a patch of grey at the corner of my forehead, but only one one side, as far as I can tell. I do bleach my hair, but not to get rid of the grey, but to make the blonde sparkle a little, and highlight the very dull blonde that I am naturally.

I think I must have grey throughout though, as my hair has been getting thicker the last few years, and that's not.. normal. So I've deducted that my grey is coarser than my normal colour hair, so for me it's a benefit going grey!
                    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Not really sure I must have been in my late 40's, it started with a bit at the front that looked like paint in my hair, its now spreading though.
                      Im a bit like Bren, I’m 59 this year so living with the greys these last 10-15 years. Beard is almost completely white with some dark spots as opposed to dark with some grey spots.

Comment

I personally think greys, whites or silvers look fabulous as they are colours no dyes can emulate.
                        So, to the Grey Foxes and Grey Vixens out there I salute you.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I'm quite lucky and have very little grey apart from my temples.

If I grow a beard now though I look like 'Uncle Albert'
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

At what age did you.................

When Lumpy starts a thread with part of a question, do you wonder how she's going to finish it?
                            .......and no, Lumpy, I'm not telling.

Comment

I started going grey at the temples in my late 30's and with every haircut it has advanced to the stage that in front of my ears I'm silver/white and behind I've still got my natural auburn. Well last time I looked. I still have a full head of hair though. Don't know if that's good or bad as I grudge the cost of having my hair cut

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X