Grapevine issues

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapevine issues

Hello, I'm new here and really hoping you can help. My grapevine is new this year but I've just noticed all these brown edges and spots on stems. Does anyone have any experience in this? Thank you

Hello & welcome to the forum That whole section of vine coming out the ground will go brown with time,the new growth will always be green in the spring but the old wood is brown like a tree trunk. The leaves look like they’re a bit weathered,they’ll eventually fall off & there’ll be new leaves growing next year

Comment

Welcome to the vine, not sure if you've seen this, but might be of use https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-y...n/fruit/grapes

Comment

Thank you so much! That's very reassuring. I was worried the spots on the stem was a fungi of some sort? I shall have a read of that link too thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by A1983 View Post
          Thank you so much! That's very reassuring. I was worried the spots on the stem was a fungi of some sort? I shall have a read of that link too thank you!
          The spots on the stems are definitely fine. That's just the stems gradually hardening and going brown.
          The leaves could potentially be a problem, but chances are it's nothing major. Since it's new, it was probably just lack of water while those leaves were developing.

Comment

You're fabulous thank you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X