Potatoes!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatoes!

Morning all! 2 questions about planting my seed potatoes ....

1. I use potato bags, 3 seeds in each. Usually I quarter fill, put the seeds and a few inches of soil in to cover, then keep adding soil as they grow. However, I watched a video where the gardener put the seeds in half way then filled the bags up to the top with soil. This seems a ‘simpler’ way, but what are people’s thoughts?!

2. I’ve too many seed potatoes - can I save some for next year? And if so, how should I store?

Many thanks!!!

Welcome to the vine
    I do the same as you. But have seen people do the planting and filling the bag. Either way works well I believe. No you can’t save seed potatoes they will grow planted or not. You’re better off giving them to someone else or finding a bit of extra space and planting them.

You would get a lot more replies to your question if you put it in the vegging out section.
    Unfortunately the moding team aren’t aloud to move your post for you as this little section is run ( allegedly) by the admin team.

ADMIN change the name of the board it’s very unfair and confusing to new members.

Comment

If they are early potatoes you are growing, one thing you could try, depending when you harvest your potatoes, is to plant your extras in the bags after harvesting.

Add a bit of fertilizer if you have any, to the used compost and plant your seeds. If you leave them somewhere cool and light they should be OK, just a bit shrivelled. No idea if you would get much but it would cost little and be an experiment.

Comment

I'm sure this thread had a lot more responses yesterday??
        Cheers

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by broadway View Post
          I'm sure this thread had a lot more responses yesterday??
          Danny there is another thread of the same name

Comment

Ah ok Can as least I'm not losing it
            Cheers

Danny

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X