Garlic saving

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic saving

We have had to move so dug up our large plot of garlic that has sprouted and had good root system. However, we don't have a new bed ready. Can we put the bulbs in cold storage? Or do something so they can be replanted in the fall ?
    Last edited by bario1; 11-02-2020, 09:04 AM. Reason: typo in title

Hello and welcome, Benjec.

I've never had to deal with this situation, but seeing as no-one with experience has replied, I'll add my penny's-worth: once they've sprouted and put out roots, they'll rot between now and the autumn. Your best bet is to bung them in somewhere, anywhere, if you want a harvest. If they've made a small new bulb, you could use them as they are as what I think is called "wet garlic" in the UK. Here we call it 'ajos tiernos' (tender garlic).

https://www.bidfoodiberia.com/ajos-tiernos.html
    Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

Comment

Hello & welcome I grew some garlic in a potato bag once,the cloves were smaller (I might’ve planted them too close) but usable with good flavour,could you plant them in some containers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X