Seeds missing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeds missing

Just got this months issue and only 6 packs of seeds. Not happy.

I've not yet received my copy, so unsure how many to expect, I take it the packaging was intact? If so let me know and I will ask the admin team for you.
    If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.
    Gardening in the NE of Scotland

Comment

I received mine today and only 3 packets. Radish, spinach and lettuce. There was no article on the seeds in the magazine to say what we should have had. How do we get them sent.

Comment

3 packets - dianthus, gazania, cosmos - bizarre!
        May issue page 111 shows the 10 packets that should have been dispatched.
        Free veg seeds are part of the reason I subscribe so very disappointed - hope its a mistake - will check supermarket version and see if non-subscribers have the promised packets.

Comment

Received 6 packets of seeds with my subscription copy today - 3 veg and 3 flowers. Very disappointed as I was looking forward to sowing the peas, squash etc trailed in May's edition. Hopefully, the high standard we expect from GYO will be resumed next issue...

Comment

I wrote to the subscription service and got:
            "They have advised that subscribers this month have not been sent the seeds that are available in shop copies but have instead been sent Cosmos
            Radish, Lettuce, Spinach, 2x lucky dip flowers and a printed version of the wall planner from Your Easy Veg Garden book. This is due to stock
            availability."
            You main notice that the advert for next month's issue (page 111) has the same sets of seeds as on last month's issue. So i don't know what we will get next month.

I have written back:
            1) A piece of paper is not a substitute for 7 packets of vegetable seeds.
            2) They are advertising the same seeds for next month, so I assume we will get the same woeful mix.
            3) There is no apology in the magazine or as an insert.

They should have offered to skip this month's issue.

Comment

So existing subscribers are second class citizens!

Double whammy: checked the terms and conditions:
              Cancellation of your subscription "when subscribing for a year by credit or debit card, refunds cannot be given on any unmailed issues. Returns are not accepted"

So can't even cancel and buy in shop (for me for another 11 issues).

Let's hope this is a one-off!

Comment

I have messaged admin to see if there's anything to be done, no reply as of yet.

Comment

I said I would cancel my subscription, they went fine then, your last issue is July :-)

Gerard

Comment

That is poor service, the forum is owned by the magazine, but run by volunteer moderators, sadly we don't have any way of addressing the problem except to report it on your behalf.

Comment

I received lettuce, radish, spinach, cosmos, cornflower and nasturtium. The three types of flowers will go well in the new pollinator-friendly flower patch I'm replacing my front lawn with. The lettuce variety (Valmaine) is new to me and I'd run out of perpetual spinach so those will come in useful.

Page 111 of this month's issue has "varieties TBC" written just above a photo of 10 packets of vegetable and herb seeds so next month's seeds could be anything at all!

Given the increase in folk growing their own vegetables (due to the lockdowns) and how busy the seed suppliers are at the moment, it must be more difficult than usual for GYO find sources for the seeds it's intending to attach to the magazines. Perhaps they should consider getting hold of the seeds first before putting photos showing them in each month's issue.

Comment

Good to find out I wasn't only one. I have cancelled my subscription too. I also bought something from yougarden and when it eventually came it wasn't what was advertised in the magazine so I think they must be scammers.

Comment

My issue of GYO arrived today and I must say I'm very pleased with range of seeds included this month:
                          • Leek - Autumn Giant 2 Argenta - not a leek variety I've grown before but is says it's got good winter hardiness so that'll be useful
                          • Radicchio - Rossa di Treviso Precoce - not grown that either but it had been on my list of seeds I was planning on buying
                          • Basil Genovese - always useful as I get through a lot of basil
                          • Chives - also on my list of seeds I needed to buy
                          • Broccoli - Early Purple Sprouting
                          • Cabbage - Durham Early - the cabbage variety I sowed last year didn't do well so it'll be good to try a different variety
                          • Salad leaves - oriental mixed - always useful and looks like a good mix
                          • Cress - Extra Curled - useful in egg may sandwiches.
                          • Carrot - Amsterdam Forcing 3 - why do carrots always seem to have a 2 or 3 after the variety name?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X