Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, VC. I searched for Almanac and also red celery, which I mentioned in another post if I recall rightly. Maybe I just haven't got the hang of the search or advanced search facility.

Anyway, I was September MoM and my post is dated 22 December. So much quicker than SP. And the book is just up my street. So a lovely gift.

Comment

" Thank you for your email regarding grow your own magazine.
      Having checked our records, i can confirm that your order was not processed with any gift.Having checked our records i can confirm that your subscription was processed with the promo code GYO1117 and you have been set up with a discounted price of £21:99 for 6 issues."

From Aceville publications.

So, in short i clicked on for the offer of a free propagator and ended up with 6 mags for £22. Whilst the mag is an ok read and the free seeds are a nice bonus, there is plenty more info on the internet, i would never have signed up for this if it werent for the prop offer, i feel like ive been robbed tbh.

Have a feeling the sames happened to you Bo.
      Last edited by jackarmy; 12-03-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Wow. I had noticed Grow Your Own did regular offers like this, and was thinking about subscribing if they had something I fancied. Looking on the Wayback Machine, they had a pruning saw a few months ago that would have tempted me if they'd offered it again. Thank you for the warning that they don't appear to honour their special offers. I will steer clear!

Comment

Originally posted by self-contained View Post
          Wow. I had noticed Grow Your Own did regular offers like this, and was thinking about subscribing if they had something I fancied. Looking on the Wayback Machine, they had a pruning saw a few months ago that would have tempted me if they'd offered it again. Thank you for the warning that they don't appear to honour their special offers. I will steer clear!
          You have to think of how many subscriptions are sold. You are always going to get a few mishaps and when singled out they will also seem a lot worse. The gifts are usually just slow to come through. Although I have read of someone getting one thing and expecting another due to stocks. So probably not best to get if you are purposely after the gift. I got a digital subscription and was really pleased as I got a gift and didn't expect it. Swings and roundabouts

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
            Having checked our records, i can confirm that your order was not processed with any gift.Having checked our records i can confirm that your subscription was processed with the promo code GYO1117 and you have been set up with a discounted price of £21:99 for 6 issues."

So, in short i clicked on for the offer of a free propagator and ended up with 6 mags for £22. Whilst the mag is an ok read and the free seeds are a nice bonus, there is plenty more info on the internet, i would never have signed up for this if it werent for the prop offer, i feel like ive been robbed tbh.

Naively it seems, I'd assumed that every new subscriber received a gift.
            This morning, an email has landed offering a Big Drippa watering system and 6 months' magazines for £21.99.

The "discounted price" you have received, jackarmy, seems to be the going rate for a 6 month sub.

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post

On the subscribe page there’s a question - “Is this a gift subscription” & it’s set on no,do you have to change it to yes to get the free gift? Is that why it wasn’t processed? The way the forms laid out it would be easy to miss that question or know what it means,it should be made clearer so you know the free gift is included in what you’re paying for. I don’t know what’s happened in everyone’s circumstances I’m just talking about their subscribe page could do with a revamp to make it clearer. Being asked is this a gift subscription sounds like they’re asking are you buying it as a gift for someone. Maybe change it to “do you want a free gift” if that’s what it means.

Comment

I think "gift subscription" means that you are buying it as a gift for someone else - like I might buy one for Jack and it would be sent to his address but I would pay for it. (Dream on)
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 12-03-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

The way i read it Jane was £21:99 for 6 issues and a free propagator. As you say its possible that its not as clear as it could be.
                  Ive replied to Aceville publications and sent them link to this threa, ive also informed them this is far from the only thread on the subject , there have been several. if it is a case of them not being clear enough then hopefully they will rectify it but as far as im concerned i spent £22 on a propagotor i will not receive, still feel ive been duped along with many many more apparently.

Comment

I would feel the same Jack I hope they can explain why the gift wasn’t processed it’s a bit odd & like a con,they couldn’t get away with that in a shop!

Comment

If you click on the subscribe button on the left, the free gift is "your easy veg garden" a binder and ten packets of seeds apparently worth £34.
                      This is FREE when you subscribe to the magazine, the best offer of which is £21:99 for a 6 month subscription, the only difference between this offer and the one i clicked on is the "free gift" .

So............. " someone ,somewhere is having a laugh.
                      Last edited by jackarmy; 12-03-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I buy the magazine every month and was looking to sign up to a subscription service; this thread doesn't fill me with confidence that the offers will be honoured.

Comment

Keep a copy or screenshot of the offer you've applied for and the replies you receive.
                          Ask when you can expect to receive your free gift. Chase it up if you don't receive it by the promised date.
                          We only read on here about the subs that go wrong - nobody posts to say how delighted they've been with their offer gift.

Comment

Im afraid it was back in september VC so i cant get a screenshot, but i have sent them the order number and several other emails since they replied to me , got to be honest i dont hold a lot of hope , it just seems to me they dont have the props and are just fobbing me/people off, shame the op hasnt popped back.

Comment

Are you now in a direct debit agreement & is it possible to cancel it at the end of the six issues? Do you know if this is for a 12 month period with the first 6 issues at £21.99? I was reading in this link I found about Aceville that if you cancel you can’t get your money back for unmailed copies? I found this searching on gooogle,there’s no terms or conditions with the subscription offer though? If you’re not happy with results tell them to cancel the contract for false advertising. I don’t know if any of this is relevant
                              https://esubscriber.imbmsubscriptions.com/tc/

Comment

No Jane, the full payment for the six issues was taken out of my account imediatley and a dd was set up by Aceville ( since cancelled as im sure theyd have taken the next six months also) , so no, no hassel cash wise just a breech of promise maybe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X