Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please

Hi all,

I very rarely discover any animals in my garden since I have 2 very noisy male dogs, however today I got the fright of my life when I was watering my pots earlier on. I have my rhubarb in a very large tub and had just soaked it with a load of water and plant food when I thought I'd have a bit scrat about and see how it was getting on underneath the dustbin lid sized leaves when I saw a mouse!!! I don't know who got the biggest fright and it scarpered. On closer inspection I think that the mouse is living in the pot as there is a mouse sized hole on the surface going in to the soil. What will I do? I have no intention of killing it and am not interested in trying to catch it or poison it but surely it can't want to live in there? I now feel bad for watering it's house
    Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Don't do anything in particular if you are not fussed. Sooner or later he will find a home elsewhere where it won't be disturbed. I am guessing to be in the pot like that he is just a long tail mouse or similar so feeds on seeds and fruit and will do minimal plant damage.

Comment

I expect if you keep the rhubarb very well watered the mouse will move on to drier quarters - hopefully not yours! (keep the back door shut!).
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

He may have already moved out, I put some bread in the rhubarb patch before I went to the gym and it is still there when I've got back. I'm not too bothered about leaving him there, just rather surprised that he's took up home in what I consider a strange place. I shall leave him be and he will move on when he's good and ready. Thanks folks
        Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X