Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know of any safe organic pesticides?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    Well, you done me.

I give up. Maybe it's spiders from Mars?
    What have I done to you? You are a cheerful giver.

Comment

All nice tender young shoots that slugs and snails love to eat. Have you considered using slug pellets? Don't know what your black balls are, but sounds like caterpillar poo. Depends a lot on how big the balls are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Blair View Post
        What have I done to you? You are a cheerful giver.
        It's because your posts are coming across as very negative. You could try posting some pictures of the problem areas, so people can give you a more informed answer.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
          All nice tender young shoots that slugs and snails love to eat. Have you considered using slug pellets? Don't know what your black balls are, but sounds like caterpillar poo. Depends a lot on how big the balls are.
          Yes, but I think I may have another go at the beer trap. I have already killed snails nearby and have not seen any since.

I should take pictures really. But thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            It's because your posts are coming across as very negative. You could try posting some pictures of the problem areas, so people can give you a more informed answer.
            It is because the problem is negative, but my camara needs new batteries but I have forgot to buy them.

Comment

I have killed loads of green catapillers and a dark one, but they are difficult to find.

Comment

I think it probably is the caterpillars then who've been eating your veggies Nick as well as slugs & snails. As you don't want to use chemicals you could carry on picking them off & go out at night as well with a torch to catch the slugs & snails who'll be nibbling away then & hiding during the day.
                You could also try nematodes which you water on the ground around your crops, there are ones specifically for slugs/vine weevils/caterpillars etc. & also one which is supposed to tackle lots of different ones, here's a link to some info.
                Nemasys Grow Your Own pest control for fruit and vegetables - nemasysinfo.co.uk
                You could also try spraying with a garlic solution which puts slugs off.
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X