Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got some sort of powder stuff on my corn salad, I am not sure what to do now.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got some sort of powder stuff on my corn salad, I am not sure what to do now.

Is the plant okay to eat still? It is not growing but is still green and alive. Can this powder stuff infect other plants, I am thinking of growing land cress to replace it. I have been growing it in a trough.

It sounds like you have powdery mildew, Nick. In which case, I would throw the stuff away and not eat it.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Can it hurt humans? I have been sick recently , and so maybe thats why.

Should it be okay to grow vegetables in the same soil? Should I throw the soil away or use it again?

Comment

if you're only going to grow stuff in it that doesnt need much in the way of nutrients, like lettuce etc, use the same soil again.
        Powdery mildew is a fungus, usually affecting things like squash/courgette leaves etc, it can infect nearly anything, so don't eat any more fuzzy white leaves

Comment

I don't think powdery mildew can infect humans Nick. Your sickness is probably the same bug that we've got going round our school.

Powdery mildew occurs when the roots are getting less water than the leaves are transpiring, ie under-watering.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

They were getting plenty of water. I have destroyed them anyway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X